CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Two-Month Stats, Rolling Over & Happy Thanksgiving

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a good Thanksgiving, full of Turkey and lots of goodies, with my family. Kaya & I (Jennifer) started out the day with some hot cocoa and the Macy's parade. (I LOVE holiday traditions!) After the parade was over, we made some Thanksgiving cards and then got ready for the festivities. I made blackberry pie and apple-cranberry tartlets for dessert, but most of that work was done the night before. That was our contribution to the wonderful meal of barbecued turkey (mmm...), mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, green bean casserole, and more that I'm probably forgetting. It was delicious and we had a wonderful time together as a family.

On to Ollie info... Oliver had his two-month check-up on Monday afternoon and we found out that he weighs 12 lbs 9 oz and is 23 inches long. In other words, he's a CHUNK. He's a very healthy boy outside of the colds that he keeps catching from his sister and his reflux, and almost always VERY happy. :-) On Wednesday, I realized that we hadn't been doing much with Oliver in the way of tummy-time. I was thinking that I'd lay him on his stomach, chat with him and maybe roll him over, just to show him how it worked. Well, I put him on his stomach and, to my surprise, he rolled over! I made him do it about 3 or 4 times before I gave him a break. :-) I don't know if it's because he's so huge or if his giant head just gives him some extra leverage, but either way, he's rollin'!

After Oliver's appointment on Monday, we went to the park to take some pictures. So here you go!














5 comments:

DeAnna said...

So Cute! Love the last photo! Rolling over already? What a stong little guy!

Brooke said...

That's so funny you "blame" Oliver's rolling over on being a big baby, becaused I blamed Evie's LACK of rolling over (until 10 months!!) on her chunkiness :D

Andrea said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving! I love these photos, especially the one of Kaya looking at Oliver and the last one. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Jen, God has blessed you with so many talents and abilities. I'm so glad to see you using one of them in your photography. The pic's are totally awesome! You're doing a great job!
All my love,
Mom

Baxter's Mommy said...

Cute pictures! Oliver looks a lot like Donovan!

BTW - what do you feed that baby? He's huge! Can't believe he's rolling over already. At this rate, he's gonna skip crawling and go straight to RUNNING! Woohoo!