CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Boys, boys, boys

So, I was right... It's definitely a boy! I can't get a good scanned picture, but I have the proof if anyone wants to see it. :-)


EDIT: Here's the proof...



And... Yesterday, my wonderful friends threw me a beautiful (and yummy) shower and generously contributed to a group gift which included a stroller, car seat, car seat bases, swing, and a TON more. Thank you all SOOOO MUCH! I will see what pictures Kaya took yesterday and try to get some of those uploaded tonight. :-)

On another note, Kaya has been talking a lot about husbands lately... She's really trying to understand who she's allowed to marry and who she's not. :-) For a very long time, Kaya has been saying that she wants to marry her friend Tommy when she grows up. This has made Donovan & I very happy. We LOVE Tommy and his parents, so this would be ideal. But then, things changed... Tommy & Kaya were both at a birthday party and were asked if they were brother and sister. Well, Kaya REALLY like this idea and decided that Tommy would be a great brother. I told her that if Tommy was her brother, she couldn't marry him and she said, "Okay, well I'll just marry someone else!" I tried to talk her out of that one... I like Tommy... There was no talking her out of it though. She really wanted Tommy to be her brother. Not wanting to let go of the husband idea (she inherited her mommy's love of boys), she started looking around at her prospects. In the last week or so, I think that she's said that she wants to marry every boy in her Sunday school class at least once, but none of them ever stuck. So, in trying to understand the boundaries of marriage, Kaya asked me this on Saturday, "So, if our baby is a boy, when he grows up and I grow up, can I marry him?" Back to marrying brothers... I explained that one again and she named a few more boys that she might want to marry. Not Tommy though - he's still her brother.

Well, then came Sunday. Tommy's mom, Kristina, was one of the gracious hosts of the baby shower, so Kaya got to play with Tommy for a while when the shower was over. That was the end of Tommy as brother. She is now in love with him again. :-) She told me when we got home that Tommy is now her boyfriend and they are going to get married when they grow up. The really funny part about this whole thing is that Tommy is completely oblivious. He has no idea that marriage plans are being made and that this girl has already decided his future. Hmmm, that could be a problem...

So, this week so far has been totally about boys. The one Kaya will marry and the one she will grow up with. I can't wait to see how things turn out! (Oh wait, I take that back... I can wait... If you ever read this, Kaya, please wait... please...)

11 comments:

Paige said...

Whoo-Hoo! We finally know!Jennfier I'm so excited for you and Donovan.

Boys are so great raise.... way easier than Girls..sorry to my girls if you are reading this....

I had so much fun with you yesterday.

Now that we know the sex... it's time to start sewing the blankets!

Paige said...

Sorry I forgot I was goignot say something about Kaya and the boy fixation....

When Becca was 3 she was going to marry her daddy... she even told us several times that I was goignto have to find a new husband when she grew up because she was saving "married" for daddy!

While she grew out of that stage around 6 she interestingly is now dating a young man that is soooooo like her father!

Dan-o said...

Hmmm...
I firmly believe that Kaya should wait until she's 25 before she even looks at anyone in terms of marriage prospects. I'm pretty sure I could find that in the Bible somewhere. Or at least something that I could make to fit the situation if it were VERY loosely translated...
And she should have her black belt by the time she's 5.
And you should get a really big doberman to follow her everywhere.
Yeah, that should do it.
Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

Wah, it's a boy! Finally, lolz! I heard you saw my sister Michelle the other day :)

Katie Scott said...

hooray for a boy! I love all the indecisiveness with Kaya. It will only get worse as she gets older! Your shower was so lovely!! Now you need to think of a boy name!

DeAnna said...

YAY it's a boy! what a great feeling to know! Your shower was so much fun and Kaya was so cute! The story about boys is was too cute! I think the idea of Kaya and Tommy is way too cute!!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Yay! I'm so bummed I missed your shower... but now I can buy a special BOY GIFT! Yippee!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I knew it was going to be a boy, that's why I bought that blue bag for your gift =) but seriously...congrats on the great news. I can say that as a mom of a very fun boy, you will have a blast with this new little man! I can't wait to meet him =)

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That's exciting. You get to experience life with a boy. I'm sure it's fun to know.

I had a great time at your shower yesturday. I'm glad you were given so many practical gifts. They will come in handy.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Yipeee!!!! I am so thrilled it is a boy. what a blessing. I am even more thrilled that Kaya has decided my sons future she is just the kind of girl that would keep him in check!! Although you may not be quite right on the oblivious thing though. I asked Tommy who he was going to marry and he said "Momma you of course" and then promptly asked if he could do that. so of course I gently (you have to be gentle with my little gentle souled guy) that I am already married to daddy so he could find someone else that he would really like to marry. He then said "Well I think Kaya wants to marry me and I want her to be my friend so I better do it" So I think he is just as content as we are that Kaya is planning Tommy's future.
We can't wait to meet your little boy and then I pray that God has in store for me a little girl and maybe she can plan your little mans future!!
I am also glad that you enjoyed your shower. Paige and I had a great time putting it together for you. You are obviously one loved family!!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am sure you figured out that the last comment was from me
Kristina Edwards