CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The State Fair and a new blog address...

As you can probably tell from the blog title, we went to the state fair this last week. I am one of those weirdos who LOVES the fair. I've been every year of my life and it's just one of those traditions that I don't see myself breaking any time soon... even when I'm hugely pregnant. Walking around the state fair when you're about-to-pop-pregnant is probably not the smartest idea in the world and definitely not super fun, but we still had a good time. :-)


Donovan, Kaya, & I went to the fair on Monday at about 12:30 and stayed for about 5 hours. Kaya's favorite part of the fair used to be the animals, but we've now started a new addiction... RIDES! She LOVES rides! We started off with one of the spinning rides. It was one where there are about 6 or 7 "bowls" (sorry, I can't think of a better word) attached to spider arms that spin while going up and down. Each of the "bowls" spins individually as well. Being that this was her first ride ever and that the "bowls" got pretty high, I wasn't sure how she'd react, but she REALLY wanted to try. So, Kaya & Donovan squished themselves (I say squished because Donovan's 6'4" and all legs...it was a pretty funny sight) into one of the bowls and off they went. Kaya's initial reaction was to freak out and grab Daddy's leg, but after about 2 seconds of that she was laughing histerically and thinking it was the best ride in the world. It was pretty funny to see her go from sheer terror to pure bliss in the matter of about 2 seconds. I think she's going to be a thrill seeker when she gets older -we're going to have our hands full! (I would attach a picture, but the ride was going too fast for me to get any good ones.)

After the first ride, we made our way over to the animals. Kaya loves the animals, but after a couple of goats tried to attack us in the petting zoo, she decided that she only like the small "cute" animals. Soooo, we looked around at a lot of different animals but didn't do much petting this year. Kaya's favorite animals of the day were the baby pigs. She also got to learn how to milk a cow and ride a horse. I didn't get any pictures of the cow-milking, but I got a super high quality ;-) cell phone pic of the horse ride. (This was the first year that she didn't want me to walk next to her horse.)


After we were done looking at the animals, Kaya got her first bumper car ride. This was, by far, her favorite part of the fair. She rode twice all by herself and had a great time speeding around running into people (after she figured out how to do something other than go in circles). After that, we decided our day with Kaya at the fair was done and came home. Donovan & I went back for a while that evening, but spent most of the time sitting... Boy, giant pregnant ladies aren't very much fun, are we? We enjoyed ourselves though and ended our evening with some gelato under the fireworks. All in all, it was a very fun (and exhausting) day.

On another note - I'll be changing the title and address of the blog pretty soon, so keep your eyes open for that!

2 comments:

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Sounds like a fun day!
Amy

DeAnna said...

what a great day! the fair is so much fun! Isabelle loved the rides too, but surprisingly she didnt want anything to do with the animals this year, or even the pony rides. Glad you guys were able to go back and enjoy some time just the two of you... Points for even going to the fair prego!!